What languages do a Russian or Ukrainian brides speak: difference Ukrainian language vs Russian language
All that you should know about Ukrainian language vs Russian and Ukrainian-Russian language differences. You will also obtain some practical pieces of advice about how to learn Russian. Language in Ukraine: which language is more widespread?
The official language – Ukrainian, but mainly we speak Russian.
We understand each other easily;)
Media prefer Ukrainian.
– Eastern Ukraine is Russian-speaking, the center is West rather Ukrainian speaking, in rural areas – Ukrainian or Sourzhik (Russian + Ukrainian mix). In the cities – Russian.
Languages are very similar (spelling and pronunciation, use of words). Some letters are different. One can intuitively understand the vocabulary.
If a person speaks Ukrainian, they can understand a Polish, a Slovak or a Czech, it is more complicated for a Russian speaking person.
By contrast, Russian is spoken by a larger number of people, so if you decide to learn a Slavic language, Russian will be more universal (include citizens of the former USSR who live all over the world).
But if you want to learn just a few words before you go to Ukraine, women will certainly appreciate some words in Ukrainian!
To learn Russian or Ukrainian:
– mobile applications (50 languages, Мова – ДНК нації, Р.І.Д, L-Lingo, Українська бібліотека, duolingo, busuu, etc.).
– Lessons online (tests, books, dialogues, vocabulary, situations)
– 3 necessary moments: private lessons, individual work (books, films, writing), practice of the language.
– The books only without a teacher – are difficult (only a human being can explain where is the problem, the cultural specificities and mentality)
– My experience: you should learn the language 2-3 times a week, for 1-2 hours.
– You can switch your phone in Russian, listen to radio, music, podcasts when you are driving.
– It is necessary to start with alphabet not to confuse some letters.
– Learn sentences and not separate words (it’s more useful in real situations + you start learning grammar)
N.B. Do not hesitate! Even without excellent pronunciation and broad vocabulary it is cute, pleasant and understandable for Ukrainian women !;)
If you have questions you can ask me on facebook. If you do not have a facebook, just send your messages to the email address email@example.com. Thank you very much for your attention and see you soon.